A Few Yummy Snacks For My Readers!

Posted by Wesley On Monday, July 19, 2010 2 comments

No, friends. I'm sorry. I'm not available for snacking on... yet. ;-) 

For those of you watching your carb intake,  I'm sure you've realized how incredibly hard it is to find snacky foods. Especially since most of them tend to be things like potato chips, puffed-corn products, breaded products, and other items that are chock full of sugar and carbs.

I wanted to share with you all some of my all-time favorite snackies that are low-carb and incredibly easy to make and just as incredibly easy to eat! Some of these things require no prep, as well. Which is fabulous and super-ultra-mega-gay. These are a few additions to my previous list of favorite foods. But remember, everything in moderation. Don't overdo it on these items, pumpkins. There is such a thing as turning your healthy snacking into unhealthy snacking!

Yummy McYum Face:

- Super Crunch Peanut Butter and Celery
- Super Crunch Peanut Butter spread over a Mission Low-Carb Tortilla
- Roasted Almonds
- Sunflower Seeds
- French's® French Fried Onions (believe it or not, only 3g carbs per serving! Thank god, right? But don't overdo it on these... the fat content is pretty high for the serving size. But it'll totally satisfy any craving for the crunchy and the onion ringy! I recommend a small handful.)
- A Slice or Two of Cheese off Your Favorite Block.
- Salad!
- Dill Pickles
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Cottage Cheese
- Cucumbers and Light Italian Dressing
- A Few Slices of Turkey Bacon

If anyone has anything to add to this list, please comment and let me know. I'd love to find new items to snack my face on.

2 comments:

Sooze said...

I always liked to take a piece of deli meat (typically ham) and spread some laughing cow cheese on it then top with a slice of tomato and a little basil - pop it in the toaster oven to warm it up fold the ham over on top of the tomato and then slice it up. Really good to top off a salad with too.

Wesley said...

YUM Sooze! It's like a little mini pizza with ham. I'm totally trying this. Thanks for the suggestion!