A Word Is Worth a Thousand Calories

Posted by Wesley On Monday, July 19, 2010 4 comments

Yo readers! Before doing anything, you need to visit Jenn's blog and check out the sexy outfits she tried on at Express over the weekend. Damn girl! 

Now, I want to write to you all about a word that you need to remove from your vocabulary... right now. You need to write this word off for good. Say goodbye to it. Throw it in the garbage. Toss it out the window. Completely delete it from your mind. At least when it comes to losing weight and getting in shape.

What's the word? The word is "should". That's right... should. If you speak other languages, remove it from that vocabulary as well. It's one of the worst words in the world. And you will never use it again. 

Why, you ask?

How many times have you used this word when doing things that you that you know aren't OK? "I shouldn't be eating this...", "I should go to the gym...", "I should really go to bed and stop looking for naked pictures of Paul Walker on the internet...". Readers... do you know what this word implies!? It implies the intention, or plan to do something. It's a verb (thanks School House Rock!). It represents an action you intend or don't intend to do. Stop using this word and replace it with a "will". "I will not eat this...", "I will go to the gym...", "I will stop looking for pictures that don't exist...". 

Trust me... it will make those tough situations much more easy to deal with. Especially when it comes to eating. And while your holding that plate of birthday cake, getting ready to down a giant soda, or chomp into a gravy-plastered chicken fried steak, tell yourself that you have the WILL to not do it. That you will not give in to that temptation. That with your will, you will achieve success in your weight loss goals and that eating unhealthy foods will not help you achieve what you want most in life. 

I've done my best to remove this word from my general vocabulary, and I challenge each and every one of you to do the same! It gives me incredible strength when it comes to overcoming situations where I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of doing something bad. It's amazing what we can achieve when we put our pretty little brains to it, and each and everyone of you are proof of that. 

Here's to a week of great eating and forgetting a word we've come too accustomed to using!

Muah!

4 comments:

Emma said...

I just wanted to stop by and welcome you to the HYC challenge. Good luck with it all, looks like you've got a great blog

Meg said...

OMG, are there naked photos of Paul Walker on the internet?! Why am I at work?!

Wait. Let me go back and read the rest of your post. I am so easily distracted.

Jennifer Brindley said...

True post, Wes. I should go to the bank now. Wait. I WILL GO TO THE BANK NOW! :)

Wesley said...

LOL @ Meg. If you find those pics, let me know... stat!