Seatbelts and Helmets... An Update

Posted by Wesley On Sunday, August 1, 2010 1 comments

Hi friends and readers! I want to start out by saying "Thank You!" for all the wonderful, supportive comments on my last post. It's very exciting and inspiring to see so many of my friends and readers understand where I was coming from, and sympathize with my friend's situation. THANK YOU all for keeping him in your thoughts. It has truly helped, and I'm very happy to report some good news. My friend is doing incredibly well:

1) Over the past week, despite the brand-new titanium rod running from his hip down to his ankle, he has managed to "walk" around his room, sit in a chair, and return back to his hospital bed without incident. 

2) Just yesterday, his doctor removed him from 24-hour monitoring and approved the tube in his chest to be removed, which was there for his collapsed lung.

3) He got a bath... well, a sponge bath... which made him totally happy and much, much more content with laying around in his hospital bed. 

4) He is awake and very responsive. He finally knows what happend, what's happening, and what's going to happen. It's a miracle he has no brain trauma.

So, hip hip hooray on his recovery! I saw him on Friday, and his state of being was very encouraging and inspiring. He's doing very, very well. It looks like the $70.00 worth of junk food I bought him was worth it.
Thanks again, everyone, for keeping this wonderful man in your thoughts. He is recovering at an incredible rate, and I like to think it's because you and I have been so strong for him. Muah!
 
P.S.: Don't forget you bitches... seat belts and helmets!

1 comment:

JewliaGoulia said...

Fantastic news before I go to bed tonight.

Still sending thoughts. :)